Our environmental policy
The Robin Tacchi Plants Team is very conscious of our impact on the environment and take our environmental responsibilities very seriously. With a positive attitude to environmental issues we are committed to minimising any negative impact. We have a sustainable environmental initiative in place and have we have successfully introduced processes and procedures throughout the company aimed at reducing our impact on the local as well as the wider environment. All our staff training is kept up to date with current Plant Health control.
We incorporate the best of current practices and to continue to research and trial new and improved methods. We will ensure that improved environmental performance is an integral component in our future aims and business objectives.
Our objectives are to
- Comply with all legal and other requirements that apply to our business activities.
- Regularly review and asses our activities, operations and procedures for environmental impact and plan strategies for improvement.
- Minimise negative impact caused by our activities by minimising waste and the use of non-renewable energy resources, and preventing pollution.
- Set out and achieve measurable targets for reducing the use of key criteria including peat and pesticide use, water, paper, energy, transport, waste, and environmental incidents.
- Maintain BS 8555/Acorn and achieve IS 14001 certification for our environmental management system.
- Incorporate best environmental practice and management in all new company expansion and development.
- Maximise recycling of waste materials on all sites and have clear guidance on segregation and disposal for all staff.
- Influence our suppliers and contractors to set targets for purchased goods and services to fully support our environmental policy, and purchase products with least environmental impact where possible.
- Demonstrate and promote environmental responsibilities, and best practices within our industry.
- Ensure that all staff understand our environmental performance and their own responsibilities, and provide training and induction to facilitate this.
- Reduce the use of paper and printed matter by optimising IT use and continually updating our website.
- Review and revise this policy annually.